It’s a great honor for me that you’ve decided to join this community of courageous and wise individuals who are looking to take the ancient wisdom of the Stoics and apply it to their lives.
My name is Jon Brooks, and there are a few things I'd like you to know about me. But first and foremost, please know...
I am a real person with real struggles and challenges who is using Stoicism on a daily basis and then sharing the insights that have been most useful for me, with you.
The Stoic Handbook is a place where we collectively innovate and build on the wisdom of the ancient Stoics and make it work for us in these modern challenging times.
👁 Experience over intellect
⭕️ Deep simplicity over shallow complexity
🚀 Innovation over dogma
💪 Leading by example rather than words
🪄 Skill acquisition over theory
📁 Key Resources
My work is spread out into many corners of the web, so if you'd like to stay up to date with all that I produce, subscribe to each channel below.
Here are the most important links:
- 🎙 The Stoic Handbook Podcast: I send out a weekly Stoic lesson or reflection
- 🎥 YouTube Channel: 👈 Video on Seneca's Advice for Overcoming Anxiety
- ✍️ JonBrooks.com: My personal blog where I share non-Stoic ideas for self-improvement
🧠 Start Learning Stoicism Now
- The Stoic Cheatsheet: The first 5 Stoic Handbook articles with bonus audio
- The Stoic Morning Reflection with journal template
- The Stoic Evening Reflection with journal template
- Learning Stoicism: A Systematic Approach to Stoic Praxis w/ Jon Brooks [Video]
😃 Say Hi
If you want to message me directly about anything, you can email me at stoichandbook[at]jonbrooks.com
Speak to you soon (fate permitting),
Jon Brooks ⚔️ 💛
P.S. Make sure to favorite this email in your email client so you don’t miss any of the things I send you. 📧